It’s March 1st, which means only 22 nights of sleep left before the one event you (if you’re a geek) look forward to each year kicks off … DUTCH COMIC CON! Sure, there are or other comic conventions being held in the Netherlands but this one, this one is the cream of the crop. In a couple of weeks on March 23rd and 24th, Jaarbeurs Utrecht turns in to a geek Valhalla.
The convention centre will be filled with merch to complete your collection, add to your wardrobe, pick up new stuff for your library and more. There are a plethora of stands to find in the Dealer Hall.
Of course, that’s not the only reason you want to attend Dutch Comic-Con. Special guests this year will be:
- Tom Felton (Harry Potter & The Flash)
- Katherine McNamara (Shadowhunters & Arrow)
- Jennifer Morrison (Once Upon a Time & House M.D.)
- Shannen Doherty (Charmed & Beverly Hills 90210)
- Benedict Wong (Doctor Strange & The Avengers)
- Lysa Hawkins (known for Valliant Comics)
- Daniel Acuña (known for Marvel Comics & DC Comics)
- Howard Chaykin (known for America Flag!)
- Culy Hamner (known for Red)
- Bernard Chang (known for Wonder Woman, Superman & Teen Titans)
- Scott Koblish (known for Marvel Comics & DC Comics)
- Phil Noto (known for Disney & Star Wars)
In the Artist Alley, other artists will be present to sell and sign items.
When you are organizing a Con, you really can’t forget the cosplayers. And they as well will be well represented. Just walking around, but also walking the runway, entering contests and plenty of photo ops.
Nowadays video games can’t be absent at a proper con. So you Dutch Comic Con will have a full-fledged gaming hall with a free 2 play area, e-sports tournaments, a gaming stage where you will be able to see workshops, Q&A’s with voice actors and masterclasses.
Tickets are still available EUR 21 for a day ticket or EUR 37,50 for a weekend ticket.
For more information about Dutch Comic-Con and to purchase your tickets go to http://www.dutchcomiccon.com/