Last updated: 20th of December 2018
What personal information do we collect?
Your personal data will be collected by Find Geek Spots B.V. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The personal data that are collected on the website are used mainly by Find Geek Spots B.V. in order to maintain a (commercial) relationship with you and if applicable in order to process your orders. They are recorded in an (electronic) register.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user signs up, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How long do we keep your information?
We will save your information indefinitely when you register on our website or as permitted and determined by law. This is to make sure you can always log in to our website. You can always decide to change or remove your information (see the section below).
When you opt-in for our newsletter, we will store your email address and first name indefinitely. Your information will be removed when you opt out (see the section below).
When you contact us via the contact form, we will delete your contact information within three months.
How can I change or remove my information?
You can always change the information on your profile by signing in to our website. If you wish to change or remove other information, please contact us by using one of the contact methods listed at the bottom of this page.
Only people who specifically sign up for our newsletter will receive our newsletters. At the bottom of each mailing, you’ll find instructions to opt out.
If any information is necessary in order to obtain access to certain features of the website, www.findgeekspots.com will indicate the mandatory nature of this information when requesting these data.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Functional cookies: like session and login cookies to collect session and login information;
- Anonymized Analytic cookies: to obtain information regarding the visits to our website, like numbers of visitors, popular pages and topics. In this way, we can adjust our communication and information to the needs of our visitors. We cannot see who visits our sites or from which personal device the visit has taken place.
- Non-anonymized Analytic cookies: to obtain information regarding the visits to our website, like the number of visitors, popular pages and topics. In this way, we can adjust our communication and information to the needs of our visitors.
- Tracking Cookies: like advertising cookies that are intended to show relevant advertisements. By using these cookies, we may deduce your personal interests. Thus (other) organizations may show you targeted advertisements when you visit their website. Tracking cookies make profiling possible and treat categories of people differently when targeting advertisements. Tracking cookies usually process personal data.
More information about cookies can be found here:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
All brands, images, texts, comments, illustrations (animated) images, video images, sounds and all the technical applications that can be used to operate this website and more generally all the components used on this website, are protected by the laws on intellectual property. Any reproduction, repetition, use or modification, by any means whatsoever, of all or just part of it, including technical applications, without the prior written permission of Find Geek Spots B.V. (www.findgeekspots.com), is strictly prohibited.
The fact that Find Geek Spots B.V., might not take immediate action against any infringement, cannot be considered as a tacit consent, nor a waiver of any right to prosecute the infringing party.
We use Google Analytics to keep track of the traffic on our website. To ensure we comply with the law, we did the following:
- We have a processor agreement with Google.
- The last octet of the IP address has been masked, anonymizing the IP address.
- We’ve disabled the sharing of data in Google Analytics.
- We don’t use other Google services in combination with Google Analytics.
Imagery and products offered
You cannot derive any rights from the imagery that accompanies any offered product on our website.
Find Geek Spots B.V. is part of Company of Geeks Holding.